Thursday, April 29, 2010

A crop of.......pinwheels????

If you are a gardener, you must know the frustrations of the birds. Yanking out anything that might resemble a worm. I'm constantly replanting my garlic, onions, and any other little seedling because the pesky birds pull the small plants out of the soil and nicely lay them next the their hole.
I was in the craft store last weekend and saw a whole display of the sparkliest pinwheels you ever did see in every color! Yup, pinwheels in the craft store. I've noticed of late that the craft stores are carrying more and more junk, toys, and non-crafty type items.

Wellll, before I get off track, back to my pinwheels. I scooped up as many of those pinwheels as my arms could carry and marched off to the register. I mean, what the heck, at .99 cents each I got about a dozen! When we returned home, I "planted" the pinwheels out in my garden in the poor attacked beds. The slightest lil breeze set them all spinning!

Wooohooo, no more birds! And when the sun is out, there's an awful lot of sparkly goodness going on in that garden! Between the noise and the sparkles, nothing is going on in that garden....except maybe the slugs.....EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea Maureen...thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
~Ronda~

Nanna said...

LOL that's too funny! now where's the pictures? LOL
Helen

peggy said...

I notice that about the craft stores too, altho this time you made it work for you. Sometimes I wonder what this says about us, but it does make us appreciate the quilt shops. Good idea for the garden. My last patterns were so sweet, haven't been able to start on them yet...now where did I put that fabric?

Prims and Annies said...

Thanks for sharing the pinwheels - do you have a remedy to rid the garden of slugs, or just the ones that ate $12 worth of marigolds. I put beer in a very small container next to the plant and they crawl in an die - I have caught hundreds but I still lost the battle - how many slugs can there be in a small area??? Bought more marigolds yesterday - not sure where to plant these - also bought some ortho slug bait.