Monday, November 28, 2011

Open House, Thanksgiving, a whole week....

....gone in a blur.  We had to take our Mother to the hospital early last week, she was in for a few days and decided she wanted to come home for Thanksgiving.  The Dr., however, did not agree but reluctantly let her go.  "You'll be back tomorrow", he said.  He was right.  This time though, she was so ill she had to be taken by ambulance.  I do have regrets as I pushed for her to be home for the holiday.  I just felt she would know if she was well enough and she DID seem much better.  So the week was a swirl of sleepless nights, worry, migraines (of course) and I squeezed in the open house somewhere as well!

A BIG THANK YOU to all that came, and I'm sorry for those I missed while at the hospital.  We are literally picked clean of Christmas items and handmades....not a bad thing :)  We are planning to be bigger and better next year.

We have started to plan our Spring Open House, date will be announced soon.  We will do 4 Open  Houses a year now that we are no longer doing shows.  I wish I had gotten around to taking pictures but there just was no time.  I did get a great pic of three friendly faces in front of the shop, maybe you know them!!!


They came with their festive handmade Christmas hats, you can't tell in the photo but these hats had Christmas lights and they were lit!!!  Such fun!
I did get this picture to share, I love the way this shutter turned out with the candy cane.  I made this so the candy cane is removable, I was thinking some spring flowers would surely look nice!
(Can you tell I'm ignoring winter??!!)






4 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I'm glad to hear your open house was a big success and you got to meet some friends!!!
So sorry to hear about your Mom ~ hope everything is o.k. and she will be back on her feet in no time.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

Maureen , so thrilled your Open House was so awesome ! I am so sorry to hear about your mother will keep you and your family in my prayers ! Have a great week ! hugs lilraggedyangie

Lois--Huckleberry Lady said...

Glad to hear your open house was a success, Maureen.
Sorry to hear about your mother. Will keep you in my prayers.

Lois

Kays Kids said...

I'm so sorry your dear Mum is not well. Sounds as though it was ONE HECTIC week. Although a very successful week. It does not surprise me one little bit that you sold out.
Love the shutter.
Hugs
Kay