Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Contemplation....

.........spent alot of time in contemplation, reflection, etc. 
Losing my Mom as a horrible hit.  Earlier in the year, my Grandmother also went to her heavenly home.  We went from 5 generations to 3 generations in less than a year.
I felt a HUGE hole, loss, in my life.  I spent most waking hours of my days crying.
At times the pain seemed unbearable and I felt alone.
My Mother was more to me than my Mom, she was my best friend, my confidant, my prayer partner, my ROCK.  Together, we upheld every member or this big family in prayer.
I prayed to God for days asking for the comfort and peace I so desparately needed.

The purpose of this post is not to bring us down again, but to share.
After days and days of pleading with God, I finally got my peace.  I came to the realization that I now would carry on the prayer for my family, I sure can do that.
God let me know that he is here and I could "feel" his loving arms around me in comfort.
The week of Christmas, everyone in my home came down with a flu.  It was bad as all of us were down sick at the same time and pretty much on our own.  By Christmas Eve, however, we could finally stand on shaky legs and felt like eating a bit again.  So, Christmas Eve day, we quickly brought in the Christmas tree and hastily decorated it.  Then we prepared food and gathered together and we had a very nice time.
Christmas day, more of the same.
You see, the Lord brought this to my attention, my Mother was whole and in the company of the very one who's birthday we were celebrating here on earth!!  Our saviour Jesus!
I would not call her back here ever.

I just want to  let you all know, no matter how badly you feel, you need only to call upon the Lord, he loves us all.  ALL OF US.

I'll be glad when this year ends, looking forward to new beginnings.  For me, sewing is therapy and I'm really itching to get back into it again.
Have a safe and healthy New Year, I'm sure you'll hear from me again before then!!

16 comments:

countercrafts said...

Hi Maureen! I was so glad to see your post...I have been thinking so much of you. You hit it right on "the head" about comfort...He does provide for us. Take Care and God Bless! Donna

charmingsbycmh said...

I was happy to see your post. This next year will be a time of firsts for you, deep sorrow, crying, laughing, remembering your time with your mom. My mom lived with us and went home to Jesus three years ago. I do know your lost and will be praying for you. God bless. Carolyn

Jody Wakefield studio said...

You have had a great loss, this post was a great reminder to all of us that God is our comforter, he will see us through anything this life throws at us. I am glad you are experiencing peace even though the storm has not yet passed. God Bless You...

Farmhouse prims said...

I am so sorry for you loss. I pray for your comfort and peace. Wish I could give you a big hug. Hugs, Lecia

Kays Kids said...

I feel for you and all those that have lost loved ones this year. We have had personal loss in our family as well. I'm glad you celebrated the birth of the very one that is providing a home for your Mum, and is keeping us all in his heart.
I hope the New Year will be kind to you.
Hugs
Kay

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Dear Maureen,
I am glad you finally found the peace and healing that you so desparately sought. I'm so glad to read so many posts from blogging friends that believe in the Lord and the power of prayer, because I so definitely do.
Thank you, Maureen.

Pam B said...

I'm so sorry for your losses, Maureen. There's such a special bond between moms and daughters; losing our mothers is one of the hardest things to bear. It's wonderful that you're able to find some peace now.

I'm so glad that you and your family were able to feel well enough to celebrate Christmas, despite having been so sick. Sounds like you guys did a fabulous job of salvaging the holiday!

Hugs,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Peace and Prayers to you my friend.
I'm glad to see that you're doing better.
We're never alone with belief in our Lord.
Hugs to you.
Patti

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

So Sorry for your Loss. My thoughts and Prayers are with you at this difficult time!

Unknown said...

Beautiful post Maureen. I am so happy you have found peace from his comfort.

Cindy said...

Maureen, such a great outlook and expression of love. I've been thinking of you alot; i am sorry for your losses and pray that a new year will be a new beginning.

Suzanne said...

I remember when my mother died (my father had already passed). I felt like someone had tagged me and said, "you're it!". I was suddenly "the head of the family". You're not alone, Maureen. You have many prayer warriors standing behind you. May God bless you and keep you. Hugs!

Mamaws Creations said...

Maureen your post is really uplifting. To be able to reach out to Our Father and know he is there to comfort us is the best gift anyone can ever have.

Anonymous said...

When you allow God to be a partner in your life you understand the wisdom of his ways. God Bless you and your family. Your post was so hopeful and inspirational.

Judy/My Country Heart Crafts said...

Maureen...your post was beautiful! We were thinking a lot about you and your family over the holidays! Your Mom definitely taught you that strong family bond that was so apparent on Christmas Eve and Christmas! We need to get back to that with our family! I will take your advice about looking to our Lord & Savior for help with that! I know what you mean about sewing. Since a child...crafts have always been my therapy too! Here's hoping to a wonderful New Year for you, your family and all of us! We look to it with great optimism! Take care of yourself Maureen!

Marcie said...

Maureen,
I was so sorry to read about the loss of your mother. My mother passed away 11 years ago and I miss her every day. She was like your mom, teaching me how to sew, paint, and do crafts. Maybe there is a special place in heaven for crafters!
God Bless,
Marcie